Wedding music is an important part of any reception, and there are many ways to personalise your music to make it unique to you and your spouse. Here are ten ideas for personalising your music:
1) Hire a live band or DJ that can play a mix of music genres that you both enjoy. This will ensure that your guests have a great time dancing the night away!
2) Make a playlist of all your favourite songs from when you were dating or in college together- then dance the night away to those tunes!
3) Have your guests help pick the playlist! Create a Spotify account and have everyone add their favourite songs to it in the weeks leading up to the wedding. Then, you can use that as your go-to playlist on your big day.
4) Choose a song that has special meaning to you as a couple and play it during your first dance together as husband and wife.
5) If you have kids, include them in your wedding music planning! Let them pick out a few of their favourite songs to be played during the reception and make sure to dedicate a dance to them too.
6) Have fun with your music choices and don’t be afraid to get creative! You can incorporate themed songs (think: “Love Shack” for a beach wedding or “Old Time Rock n Roll” for a vintage-inspired wedding) or play fun games like Bingo where guests have to listen to the songs and check off items on their bingo card.
7) Use your music to create a festive atmosphere and get everyone in the party spirit! Play upbeat songs during cocktail hour and dinner so that guests can mingle and mix, and then ramp up the energy with dance floor favourites once it’s time to hit the dance floor.
8) Incorporate personal touches into your music by including family member’s favourite songs, dedicating special dances to loved ones, or using music to honour cultural traditions.
9) Have your Melbourne wedding DJ or band play music that you both love, but maybe isn’t as popular as other songs. This will make your wedding music unique to you and your spouse and guests are sure to enjoy dancing to tunes that they might not have heard before.
10) And lastly, don’t forget to have fun! Your wedding day is all about celebrating your love for each other, so make sure your music reflects that. Choose songs that make you both happy and get everyone out on the dance floor enjoying themselves. After all, a wedding is meant to be a joyous occasion!
Hiring a professional Wedding DJ in Melbourne will ensure that your wedding music is personalised and tailored to your taste. They will be able to work with you to create a playlist that reflects your style as a couple and gets everyone up and dancing!